*Controller strongly recommended
This game was made for EECS 494 - Game Development at the University of Michigan. The goal of the project was for students to create a rapid prototype of a game, solo, in two weeks. After one week, students would get playtesting feedback on a "gold spike" build, then they would iterate on that feedback to show improvement.
In Go Hone, you must focus in order to slow down time around you, slowing down moving objects and turning hazards into platforms, in order to reach your goal.
I have included my Gold Spike version of the game as well, in case you may be interested in seeing how the game progressed over two weeks.
Art, Audio, and Tech Credits:
- Cinemachine - Unity Technologies
- Big Noodle Titling (and Oblique version) - James Arboghast
- Jump Sound - dklon (https://opengameart.org/content/platformer-jumping-sounds)
- portal.ogg - oglsdl (https://opengameart.org/content/portal)
- Menu 1 - tcarisland (https://opengameart.org/content/menu-1)
Make sure you're using a controller that works with Unity's old input system, like an Xbox 360 or Xbox One controller. Theoretically, this game is playable without, but I strongly recommend against it.
If you downloaded the GOLD_SPIKE file, keep in mind that it is an unfinished version of the game.
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.